Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
All safaris are organised by and have to be booked with Matavi Africa:
Deposits & Payments:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bus transfers:
- Payment is due in full before the date of travel
- Changes to reservations made at least 2 days prior to travel can be made at no additional cost for airporttransfers only
- Long Distance/Multi-Day Transfers:
- A minimum of 20% deposit will be required to confirm your booking.
- This deposit is non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations by you.
- Full payment is required a minimum of 30 days prior to travel.
- Tours & Land Arrangements:
- All provisional reservations are held for 14 days, at which time we require a 20% non-refundable deposit to confirm your booking, otherwise the booking will expire and be released from our system.
- Final payment is on the original invoice and must be received at Matavi Africa at 8 weeks prior to travel.
- No guest may travel unless we have received full prepayment. Our standard booking conditions apply to all travel arrangements.
- Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking and this will be confirmed by your consultant at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer, credit/debit card or in cash. In the case of a bank transfer, please send the proof of payment as confirmation for your booking.
- If payment is made via bank transfer please note that all transfers fees are for your account, as the amount invoiced to you is the full amount required for payment. Bank details will be provided with your invoice.
- If payment is made via credit/debit card please be aware that there is a merchant fee of 3.9% that will apply to the invoiced amount
- The price is only guaranteed once paid in full.
- Please note that prices quoted are subject to change, are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or variedwithout notice.
- Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service.Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases.
- National Parks and Conservation Fees may also be subject to change and Matavi Africa cannot be held liable forunexpected changes to Park Fees, and Government Tariffs.
Vehicle Hire Specific Terms:
- Vehicle hire is based on the hours of 0700am-1900pm
- Outside of these hours incurs a 20% surcharge per hour thereafter
- Day hire is restricted to 100km. Each kilometre after 100km is charged at US$1/kmChange Policy:
- Matavi Africa does not charge for any changes that are requested by you for our own operations, however where we are acting as a Booking Agent, any change fees charged by the third party supplier will be passed on for your account.
Requests to cancel your booking must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received.
General Cancellation Policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made on the day of travel.
- No shows will be charged in full.
Long Distance/Multi-Day Transfers:
- Cancellation penalty is a minimum 10% of the total invoiced amount, plus any additional charges/penalties charged by the relevant suppliers if applicable.
- In such a case, we cannot provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from the relevant supplier.
Tours & Land Arrangements:
- 20% non-refundable deposit at time of confirmation
- Cancellation within 8 – 4 weeks prior to date of travel will incur a 50% fee of total cost of trip
- Cancellation within 4 – 2 weeks prior to date of travel will incur a 75% fee of total cost of trip
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of travel, as well as no shows will incur a 100% cancellation fee of the trip program
- In the event that your travel itinerary includes any third party sectors that are not solely operated by Matavi Africa the cancellation penalties above will be in addition to any other terms and conditions specific to the third partyprovider
- Fees and extra charges may apply where a booking is changed and when documents are re-issued
- Where we incur any liability for a cancellation fee or charge for any booking which you cancel, you agree to indemnify us from the amount of that fee or charge from the third party provider
- These booking conditions apply to all travel arrangements with Matavi Africa Travel
Insurance & General Safety:
- It is a requirement that guests have adequate travel insurance to cover them for unexpected medical emergencies, cancellation for medical reasons, delays or cancellations due to weather conditions as a minimum
- It is a requirement that any guest that is travelling to one of our safari camps completes and signs a personal indemnity form which will be sent for completion as soon as a booking has been confirmed
- Roads in the bush are rough and bumpy, guides occasionally travel “off road” and injuries can occur. Matavi Africa, their staff members, associates or agents cannot be held liable for any accidents or any damages.
- Most places booked for travel through Matavi Africa are in wild and remote parts of Africa with dangerous wildlife and often harsh terrain; hence you will be exposed to potentially hazardous activities.
- Matavi Africa, its associates, partners and staff will not be held liable for any injury, loss of life or damage whatsoever during and after the travel arrangements.
Passports & Visas:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities.
- Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility.
- Most of our guides and staff are keen photographers and to enhance your experiences and enjoyment, photographs may be taken of your safari, some of which may be used for promotional purposes.
- Matavi Africa and its partners reserve the right to use these images without the consent of any one appearing in the images or photographs; however you can be guaranteed that no photographs of a compromising nature will be used for such purposes.
- Transfer Specific Terms:
- Please liaise with your travel consultant regarding any special requirements you may have for your travelarrangements such as packed lunches.
- Guests need to be at the noted pick up point at the stipulated time.
- In the event that the bus and driver are left waiting for long lengths of time, an hourly surcharge will be applied except in the event of a delayed flight or similar circumstances where it is beyond the clients control
- Please make prior notifications if you have luggage.
- Drivers are not permitted to travel extra distances, change route or collect unauthorised passengers without permission from management. If the request is approved an additional charge may apply.
- Strictly no smoking is permitted on any of the buses.
- Any damage or destruction intentionally made to the vehicle will be charged directly to the client. In the event that the bus interior needs to be cleaned professionally due to client misuse, this will be charged to the client account by discretion of Shumba management.
- Please liaise with your travel consultant regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meal requests.
- In some itineraries Matavi Africa will be acting as an agent only.
- We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous accommodation and other service providers, as well as our own operated products and services.
- Our obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and in some instances, to arrange relevant contracts between you and third party travel service providers.
- We have no responsibility for any third party services nor do we make or give any warranty or representation regarding their standard.
- All bookings where third parties are involved are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those service providers.
- Your legal recourse for travel services is against the specific provider and not us in the event the grievance is with a third party provider. If for any reason (excluding fault by us) any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that provider and not with Matavi Africa.
- Matavi Africa is committed in ensuring that your travel arrangements remain according to plan.
- Matavi Africa and its partners and associates may alter, cancel or change travel arrangements at any time should they feel it justified in the interest of safety.
- Such changes will be communicated timeously in order for alternative arrangements to be made where necessary.
- It is assumed that the deposit payment and your final amount paid is because you have agreed to the terms and conditions set out by Matavi Africa, its associates and related companies and partners and thereby will not hold liable any claim against any person or organization as a result of any changes, cancellations, damage to one’s property, injury, death and any other unforeseen occurrences whether it is due to negligence by one or more of our staff or any company.
- Therefore, you have indemnified the various organizations and individuals afore mentioned in any such events.
- To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control and which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements.
CONTACT US: Mail Kim I Phone: +263 772 265774 3